Rapid Access Thoracic/Chest Surgery Clinic
Thoracic surgeons provide specialized clinical care for patients with a wide range of serious diseases of the thorax (the chest). These include conditions of the lungs, mid-chest, chest wall, oesophagus, diaphragm, and stomach.
The specialists in the thoracic surgery clinic typically handle:
- Removal of lumps and bumps in chest area
- Assessment and diagnosis of chest wall issues
- Screening, assessment and diagnosis of thoracic (chest) malignancies including: lungs, esophagus and proximal stomach, mediastinum, chest wall, & pleural space
- Foreign body removal
- Excision and biopsy of tissues
- Chest and ribs pain or fractures
- Many more...
Our multidisciplinary team provides the best possible patient care coordinating services with Clinical Nutrition, Medical Oncology, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Gastroenterology and Respirology.